I have just bought a new housing from Light and Motion that needs 4 AA batteries for the monitor. This seems straightforward to me but I am asking because I saw various posts on the difference in Mini DV tapes which surprised me.
I am thinking that the life of the battery is the most critical thing- am I right? I am looking at the Maha Powerex Imedion batteries with the MH c401fs charger. I am planning to purchase 2 sets of batteries- is this enough? The opinions I have found online are favorable-that the battery lasts a long time.
The charger description says it has a fast and cool charging option- any advantage of one over the other?
Anthing else I need to know or think about?
Thanks,
Sue
I have just bought a new housing from Light and Motion that needs 4 AA batteries for the monitor. This seems straightforward to me but I am asking because I saw various posts on the difference in Mini DV tapes which surprised me.
I am thinking that the life of the battery is the most critical thing- am I right? I am looking at the Maha Powerex Imedion batteries with the MH c401fs charger. I am planning to purchase 2 sets of batteries- is this enough? The opinions I have found online are favorable-that the battery lasts a long time.
The charger description says it has a fast and cool charging option- any advantage of one over the other?
Anthing else I need to know or think about?
Thanks,
Sue
If they are the low internal discharge batteries then they are the right ones. I like the Maha charger (http://www.thomasdistributing.com/-Maha-MH-C204W-White-World-Charger_p_909.html) but it only charges in pairs. Two sets of batteries should be enough. My wife routinely gets 4-5 dives from a set of AA batteries and always has a spare set charging. For best battery life, never use the fast charge option.
Bill
The maha powerex are great batteries. And a bit fatter than regulation AA batteries.
They don't fit easily, in every use, (like some underwater flashlights, where the spacing it very tight). But they'll probably fit the monitor fine.
Eneloop batteries are pretty good for most AA applications. Fast chargers need to be used in well-ventilated areas, but are very convenient if you are shooting on several dives in a short time: change the batteries every couple of dives.