Skip to content

Shooting Technique, Workflow and Editing / Archived topic

Which glue is best

Started by sugarfish ·

  • 2Posts
  • 2Replies

Read-only discussion

Which glue is best

2 posts
  1. I have the GoPro HD Hero video camera with the flat lens housing and I am looking to attach the metal frame from a standard Hoya 52mm UV filter to the plastic on the front of the housing so that I can then screw/unscrew the external 52mm Magic Filter into the UV filter thread. Am I correct in thinking that the Hoya UV filter frame is aluminium? And can anyone tell me what is the best glue to use to fix the metal filter frame to the flat plastic circle on the front of my housing?

     

    Thanks.

    Edited by sugarfish
  2. weld-on #10? (if its actually metal and the plastic is acrylic)

     

    here is a link with description plus a guide chart for finding the correct weld-on glue

    http://www.rplastics.com/weldonguide.html

     

     

    (eventually casting a whole acrylic ring its not that difficult, you glue it with some acrylic cement and it would look pretty neat)

    Edited by snooper
Backscatter

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.