Skip to content

Photography Gear and Technique / Archived topic

Can I see/touch your 5DII housing?

Started by folivier1 ·

  • 5Posts
  • 5Replies

Read-only discussion

Can I see/touch your 5DII housing?

5 posts
  1. Hopefully someone can help me. I just find it unsatisfying to spend 5 grand or so on a housing that I've only seen pictures of. I'm just concerned that the ergonomics won't feel right.

    Anyway, if anyone is anywhere near southeast Louisiana and has a housing for their Canon 5DII I would love to come visit and look at it, maybe even touch it. I promise to even wear a bib so I won't drool all over it! Heck, I might even buy lunch!

    I'm willing to travel a few hours, just not ready yet to fly to wherever to look at retailers. Not even sure where I could fly to see Aquatica, Sea&Sea, Subal, Sealux, etc. in one city.

    Thanks,

    Forest

     

    Contact me by pm if you'd prefer.

  2. Ft Lauderdale or Monterey. :B):

     

    or the Scuba show in Long Beach next month.

    (not sure what shows may be going on near you)

    Edited by Cary Dean
  3. Ft Lauderdale or Monterey. :B):

     

    or the Scuba show in Long Beach next month.

    (not sure what shows may be going on near you)

     

    You could always plan a dive trip to the Keys and see Tom Stack or go to Boston / New Hampshire - eat some great lobster - and visit Fred Dion at Backscatter East. Good luck.

    Andy

    Edited by DrFiscus
  4. Airfare to Florida is pretty cheap, but the problem is my wife will end up spending all of my budget on Disney Mouse!

    Thanks for the suggestions.

    Might just take a little road trip one day.

  5. Hopefully someone can help me. I just find it unsatisfying to spend 5 grand or so on a housing that I've only seen pictures of. I'm just concerned that the ergonomics won't feel right.

    Anyway, if anyone is anywhere near southeast Louisiana and has a housing for their Canon 5DII I would love to come visit and look at it, maybe even touch it. I promise to even wear a bib so I won't drool all over it! Heck, I might even buy lunch!

    I'm willing to travel a few hours, just not ready yet to fly to wherever to look at retailers. Not even sure where I could fly to see Aquatica, Sea&Sea, Subal, Sealux, etc. in one city.

    Thanks,

    Forest

     

    Contact me by pm if you'd prefer.

     

    Not exactly what youre looking for but, I decided to get one (Subal CD7) for my 7D instead of my 5DMKII. It should be in my hands by early to mid June. I live in Southeast Texas (10 miles North of Beaumont)..... You're more than welcome to visit..... Bring yo bib :B):

Sea & Sea

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.