Skip to content

Beginner Forum / Archived topic

Autofocus sensitivity

Started by Bombsight ·

  • 2Posts
  • 2Replies

Read-only discussion

Autofocus sensitivity

2 posts
  1. What is the best setting for AF sensitivity?

     

    I'm guessing slow or average?

     

    I know topside, when shooting sports like football, you want it slow in case another player jumps in front of the main subject .... it keeps focus on the original target rather than one who breifly gets in the way.

     

    Would it be different for WA shots as opposed to macro?

     

    Also, what about "center point" focusing compared to "spot"? (w/Canon 7D) .... Would one be better than the other? Has anyone experimented with other AF points while shooting WA on the 7D?

     

    Thanks for any insight.

    Mark

  2. What is the best setting for AF sensitivity?

     

    I'm guessing slow or average?

     

    I know topside, when shooting sports like football, you want it slow in case another player jumps in front of the main subject .... it keeps focus on the original target rather than one who breifly gets in the way.

     

    Would it be different for WA shots as opposed to macro?

     

    Also, what about "center point" focusing compared to "spot"? (w/Canon 7D) .... Would one be better than the other? Has anyone experimented with other AF points while shooting WA on the 7D?

     

    Thanks for any insight.

    Mark

     

    Unless I am shooting large fast moving fish (sharks, tarpon, etc) I use only center point focus (shutter half way down) and then recompose (click).

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.