30 years ago I worked as a volunteer at the privately run Sherkin Ireland Marine Station in County Cork, Ireland. Since then I have visited and revisited Ireland and spent a lot of time diving around the coast. Matt Murphy, the director of the marine Station asked me to write and illustrate a new book earlier this year (he had already published "Ireland's Marine Life - a world of beauty" back in 1992 which I provided most of the photos for) which he can sell to help finance the marine station's continued work even in these straightened times. And I was delighted to do so and did. Matt has just received copies from the printer in Cork and it lloks just as we'd hoped. The photos were taken over the last 30 years and I'm actually both surprised and impressed at just how well 30 year old Ektachromes (processed on the marine station using only a kettle to heat the processing solutions and thermometers which were used for Nansen bottle water sample temperatures too - digital is soooooo mush easier) stand up against 5D2 and M8 files! Its a real mix of film and digital. The book was designed by Matt's Daughter Sue at the marine station and I was responsible for text and producing digital files all ready and sharpened for the printer to convert to cmyk (always worrying doing this!). As I said, the aim is to help fund the marine station which has produced some very important long term datasets, and I can supply copies in the UK, whilst Matt can supply worldwide. Full details can be seen here:
http://www.sherkinmarine.ie/Irelandshiddendepths.htm