Skip to content

Photography Gear and Technique / Archived topic

Inon wide angle lens and dome

Started by Swordfish ·

  • 2Posts
  • 2Replies

Read-only discussion

Inon wide angle lens and dome

2 posts
  1. Hi guys, I'm thinking of getting the Inon wide angle lens for my 5050/DS125 setup.

     

    You see, I was thinking of getting just the wide angle lens since I thought I didn't need the dome (the lens is expensive enough!). :D

     

    But somebody has offered me a tempting price for the lens/dome combo ($629 for the two). I would like to seek the opinion of those who own both and how they will compare a setup with just the wide angle lens and one with both the lens and the dome.

     

    Does the dome really make a big difference? Thanks for the insight.

     

    Regards,

    Norman/Swordfish

  2. I used an INON WAL for about a year before I got the dome for it. Having both I would never go back to the WAL alone because;

     

    1. The extra 25 degrees going from 100 to 125 degrees makes a major difference in how close I can get to big creatures to get enough light on them.

     

    2. When zooming the camera in super macro there is less distortion in the corners with the dome added to the WAL.

     

    For sample pics see the following URL.

     

    http://www.splashdowndivers.com/photo_gall...ple_gallery.htm

     

    Edited to add "With just the WAL you can squeek by with just one DS 125 with the diffuser on but with the dome you will need two strobes."

Reef Photo & Video

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.