The Galley: General Chat / Archived topic
Bite Back at Cancer Charity Ball 2011
Started by Stuart Keasley ·
- 8Posts
- 8Replies
Read-only discussion
Bite Back at Cancer Charity Ball 2011
-
This years Bite Back at Cancer Charity Ball will be take place on September 24th, on the permanently moored Hispaniola Boat, just outside Embankment Tube in Central London.We will be starting at the slightly later time of 18:30, but the back end of the evening will be extended by an hour and half to finish at 01:30.Guests will be provided with a sit down dinner, with wine, prize draw, charity auction. After dinner speeches, by popular request, will be scrapped this year, so once the auction has been completed there will be plenty of time to try your luck on charity casino or head up to the disco in the top deck.Tickets are priced at £65 if you buy before the end of July, or £75 there after. All proceeds from the event will be split evenly between Bite Back Marine Conservation () and Marie Curie Cancer Care (). Last year, we managed to raise over £11,000 in total, a tough target to beat, but we would still like to try.Sponsorship has already been received by;Vilamendhoo Island Resort and SpaEuro DiversAcuatours LtdVR TechnologySussex ShipwrecksDiving MatrixOThreeBottlefishDiver GroupDiving Leisure LondonLondon School of DivingBMG ScootersMikes StoreFor further information, and to book your tickets, please visit our web site;CheersStuart
-
Well that's something we CAN agree on Stuart! I'm away during September but hopefully the evening will be a resounding success!

Cheers, Simon
-
Well that's something we CAN agree on Stuart! I'm away during September but hopefully the evening will be a resounding success!

Cheers, Simon
Thanks for the voice of support Simon, maybe next year eh -
I'm away during September but hopefully the evening will be a resounding success!

Cheers, Simon
Well that answers my question Simon

Dive safe
DeanB
-
Sorry
I'm going to be up in Scotland doing sharky stuff up there. Still if it is any consolation I'm almost certainly going to be freezing cold, wet and covered in very, very smelly chum. Ahhhhh the things we do for sharks eh? 
Cheers, Simon
-
I'm almost certainly going to be freezing cold, wet and covered in very, very smelly chum. Ahhhhh the things we do for sharks eh?

The things we do for a shot! Make sure the chum has been left to fester for a couple of days so that the smell really stays for a long time!

-
I'm in Komodo then
darn it, thanks for putting it up tho Stu -
I'm in Komodo then
darn it, thanks for putting it up tho StuChoices choices (?)
