Skip to content

Shooting Technique, Workflow and Editing / Archived topic

Clam Gardens

Started by wagsy ·

  • 3Posts
  • 3Replies

Read-only discussion

Clam Gardens

3 posts
  1. Hi.

     

    Here is a short video shot on the Great Barrier Reef out from Cairns on Taka Dive. The dive site is called Clam Gardens and the first part of the dive was shot at 30 meters (100 feet).

    The footage was shot using my Sony FX1 in Amphibico's Phenom underwater housing. For lighting I was using Amphibico's Discovery G3 HID light. Its was overcast and the water stirred up a bit.

    Its still a great housing to use and I still to this day since (first dive - 2005) have never serviced any of the operating control orings and its done a ton of dives now all over Australia :B):

     

    No colour correction was done in post nor any filter used on the camera.

    The camera was set before I jumped in and left at that.

    Its always a fine balance when using natural light colour and lights.

    You can see how warm it was on entering and leaving the water.

    Each dive was cut up on my i5 laptop using EDIUS in between dives.

     

    Tried another codec to load up to YouTube but its not the best by the looks.

    Might try WMV next.

     

    The G3 light is a beast and soon I hope to compare it to L&M's little LED lights.

    Its a bummer the Canadians are still not operating, lets hope they can find an investor to get them going again.

     

  2. Hey Wagsy,

    Nice variety of shots. There are several good lights coming out in addition to the Solas. Had a look at Gates lights that are still in prototype but should be out very soon and I was impressed with no hot spots and a nice even throw. Kelden has some good lights as well. Same for Sartek.

    Steve

  3. Hi Steve

    Thanks.....

     

    Well I am pretty happy with the G3 but if anyone wants to send me one of these new lights to compare while on the Taka Dive trips.... feel free. :B):

    No better proof than a side by side video test.

     

    I'll load up a little night dive clip next.

Turtle

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.