Skip to content

Photography Gear and Technique / Archived topic

subal + nikon + questions!

Started by spencer! ·

  • 3Posts
  • 3Replies

Read-only discussion

subal + nikon + questions!

3 posts
  1. Hi there!

     

    I'm trying to help a friend who is new to DSLRs underwater (she used to shoot film but has made the switch). She has a Nikon D200, and a Subal housing, and a tokina fish eye lens, but is looking to get a macro lens as well. I hear the 60mm is the way to go, but that there are 2 versions, an AF and an AF-S. Can anyone tell me which is better? I heard that you cannot use a teleconverter on the AF-S?

     

    And can anyone tell me if there is a Subal port compatibility chart for lenses? Or if they know what ports the 60mm lenses work with?

     

    Thanks in advance!

    Spencer

  2. Hi there!

     

    I'm trying to help a friend who is new to DSLRs underwater (she used to shoot film but has made the switch). She has a Nikon D200, and a Subal housing, and a tokina fish eye lens, but is looking to get a macro lens as well. I hear the 60mm is the way to go, but that there are 2 versions, an AF and an AF-S. Can anyone tell me which is better? I heard that you cannot use a teleconverter on the AF-S?

     

    And can anyone tell me if there is a Subal port compatibility chart for lenses? Or if they know what ports the 60mm lenses work with?

     

    I use a converter on the standard 60 mm - no problems!

    For ports, go here: http://tinyurl.com/44lwuz9

  3. Hi Spencer,

     

    The 60mm and 105mm are two very important lenses in my kit. I wouldn't rate one higher than the other. They both are very useful. The 60mm more for stationary type macro subjects that allow you to get closer than a more active one. Getting closer reduces the water between lens and subject giving a sharper image.

    Putting a teleconverter on a 60mm is a bit dicey in my opinion. It allows you to get extremely close to the subject. So much so, that it's quite possible to be touching it if you're not careful.

    Just my 2cents.

     

    Rand

Ultralight Control Systems

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.