I have been looking at the Nikon D7000 for some time and was almost ready to upgrade from my D300. My intention is to use it for both stills and video.
On the mirrorless side there's a lot going on as well. Cameras like Lumix GH2/GH3 is closing in on the DSLRs and looks really interesting.
I shoot mainly with a Tokina 10-17 today, so much depends on the quality of the corresponding lenses such as this one:
Does anyone have experience with it or with the available WA-zoom lenses?
I have been looking at the Nikon D7000 for some time and was almost ready to upgrade from my D300. My intention is to use it for both stills and video.
On the mirrorless side there's a lot going on as well. Cameras like Lumix GH2/GH3 is closing in on the DSLRs and looks really interesting.
I shoot mainly with a Tokina 10-17 today, so much depends on the quality of the corresponding lenses such as this one:
I have the EPL2 and 9-18 Oly lens, love them both. Have not housed it yet so no UW example for you: probably will go Oly housing, Zen dome, Z240 strobes if an ike housing does not show up SOON!
I put these two galleries on flickr from our pen dome testing last week.
Looks like they are both great lenses even when it comes to the corners.
For those shooting this system and have used DSLRs what is the biggest "drawback" to the Oly? (Or other similar system) Guess biggest concern is shutter lag.
Most of my shot here underexposed are either with the GH2 or GF1 using the 45mm macro or the 7-14mm. I've been using the 7-14 most of the time the last few months. Love my GH2/7-14 setup.
I have been using the 7-14mm Panasonic attached to a GF1, within the Inon X-2, and been very pleased with the results. A sample here:
love the pic. Can you explain what strobes if any were used, and how. Thanks
Thank you jetlife2. The strobe is a humble Epoque ES 230. I'm saving up for Inon strobes to accompany the housing! So it was a single beam, manual setting. Actually, it works fine for when I'm shooting at 7mm and the subject is large and close, and providing I get the setting correct. But I'd prefer to take the randomness out of the equation, nauturally.
The Epoque I have owned for many years, so is a retained investment until I can afford to upgrade.
Thank you jetlife2. The strobe is a humble Epoque ES 230. I'm saving up for Inon strobes to accompany the housing! So it was a single beam, manual setting. Actually, it works fine for when I'm shooting at 7mm and the subject is large and close, and providing I get the setting correct. But I'd prefer to take the randomness out of the equation, nauturally.
The Epoque I have owned for many years, so is a retained investment until I can afford to upgrade.
Thanks. I am guessing it was at a low power then and nearly all the light was ambient.