Skip to content

Photography Gear and Technique / Archived topic

Is this the new D100?

Started by james ·

  • 13Posts
  • 13Replies

Read-only discussion

Is this the new D100?

13 posts
  1. Yeah, Why should they change anything outside?

  2. Yeah, Why should they change anything outside?

     

    Well, because if they don't change the outside, there would be no changes to any housings for the camera, and we wouldn't want THAT would we????

     

    :D

  3. Can anyone here translate the Japanese? I'm guessing Mark Rupert can do it, but I know he's a busy guy too...

     

    Can anyone help?

     

    Cheers

    James

  4. I'm sure it is a D-SLR, but I somehow doubt it is the new d100/d200. The LCD screen on the right top near the shutter release has a range of what looks like "idiot mode" icons. Those sorts of predefined modes are not typically found in Nikon's higher end amatuer cameras (they are in the n60, for instance, but not in the n80). also, the body looks smaller than I would expect for a d100 replacement. I wonder if it is a d70...

     

    and back to edit this post... you'll note that the thread talks about it being the d70, not a new d100.

  5. I have a girl that works for me from Japan. I will see what she has to say. Only trouble is I prefer her working.

     

    She says it says it is a D70 and comparing it to the D100. If you want more I can give it to her to have a run at it.

  6. I know what she'll tell you.

     

    It's just like a D100 except there's no flash exposure compensation and the camera selects the focus mode. :D

  7. Har dee har har Herb. And welcome back!

     

    Cheers

    James

  8. I think it's definitely a digital mock-up, what somebody imagines a new camera (successor to D100) would or might look like. I don't think this is official Nikon stuff, just some folks speculating.

     

    The text is all about individual features of the camera, with the features that the new camera might have compared, mostly to the D100, with other references to D2H, D70, etc. E.g.,

     

    "AE/AF: Won't this basically be the same as the D100?"

     

    "[viewfinder] - Thought to be the same size as the D100, but it may be made easier to view."

     

    "Shutter socket - it is thought that the remote release socket on the D100 will be eliminated, replaced with a silver button.

     

    etc. etc.

     

    Robert Delfs

  9. I think it's definitely a digital mock-up, what somebody imagines a new camera (successor to D100) would or might look like. I don't think this is official Nikon stuff, just some folks speculating.

     

    The text is all about individual features of the camera, with the features that the new camera might have compared, mostly to the D100, with other references to D2H, D70, etc. E.g.,

     

    "AE/AF: Won't this basically be the same as the D100?"

     

    "[viewfinder] - Thought to be the same size as the D100, but it may be made easier to view."

     

    "Shutter socket - it is thought that the remote release socket on the D100 will be eliminated, replaced with a silver button.

     

    etc. etc.

     

    Robert Delfs

  10. Nikons excuse for a challenge to the canon Rebel maybe ..

    if it is real

     

    its not like Nikon have a cheap DSLR yet ..

     

    thats my bet if it is real ..

     

    only cause i agree with the idiot WB or phot ready modes top right

     

    G

  11. Thanks guys! Thanks for the translations Robert.

     

    Cheers

    James

  12. Well I'm new here folks,

     

    But I would say this is the new D70?!? :D

    Because it refers to it once and all the preset menus on top let me say it's more a consumer camera!?! like the F65 in digital.

     

    Anyway I'm pretty sure well see that in a couple month when it's out.

    Have fun guessin :D

     

    thomhard :D

Retra

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.