Skip to content

Photography Gear and Technique / Archived topic

WTB: Inon WAL And Dome for Ikelite

Started by ReelBruin ·

  • 4Posts
  • 4Replies

Read-only discussion

WTB: Inon WAL And Dome for Ikelite

4 posts
  1. Want to buy WAL and dome for Ike 6190 (coolpix 5000). Not much luck with Inon's website in terms of places to buy - they list 2. Anybody got a good link?

  2. No options there, at least in the USA. At DEMA I spoke to Inon about opening a dealer account (and buying a large starting inventory) so that I could sell their products but was told that I would have to buy from one of their distributors in the USA at retail less a 10% courtesy discount for volume puchases. I thought this was BS, no one will become an Inon dealer with terms like those. And no disrespect to Marine Camera and the other Inon distributor, but if I sell a product in my store I should not be forced to buy from a competitor. Another reason to love Ikelite and their great dealer support.

     

    Doug

  3. Hi Realbruin,

     

    May I humbly suggest that you try the Nikon WC-E68 and UR-E5 converter ring? You can buy a dome port from Ikelite or one of their distributors for your 6190 housing which is really easy to install and remove.

     

    This combination will give you GREAT close up wideangle shots as well as macro to 1:2 lifesize ratio.

     

    I think the total cost will also be less than the Inon lens and dome.

     

    HTH

    James

     

    PS, I think the lens and ring are for sale in the classifieds section.

Nauticam

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.