Skip to content

Shooting Technique, Workflow and Editing / Archived topic

Mexico Cenote Vids

Started by BC-SeaDragon ·

  • 10Posts
  • 10Replies

Read-only discussion

Mexico Cenote Vids

10 posts
  1. Hello,

     

    I am going to post a series of cenote promo vids that I have made and still working on for a company based in Playa Del Carmen, Mexico. These videos are all around the 2 minute range and will be used for website promotion. They are all 1 dive videos and I didnt get a chance to re shoot anything which would have been nice but time was an issue.

     

    I really enjoyed the whole experience as it was good change from the ocean and each cenote was very unique in its own way.

     

    Would love to hear any type of feedback as I am always trying to learn.

     

    Cheers and enjoy,

     

    Kelly

     

    All Videos best viewed in HD

     

     

  2. El Eden

     

    This cenote has some amazing light beams that penetrate through the openings if you dive in the early morning. Less formations but the light displays make up for it.

     

    Enjoy

     

  3. Really nice!

  4. Did my first ever cave dive in Eden/Ponderosa. Beautiful Place. :)

  5. Great stuff Kelly, you can see the thermocline there.

     

    What did you shoot it with?

  6. Hey,

     

    Cheers guys, I had a lot of fun doing it and still have a few more videos to make. It was a good learning experience and much different from shooting in the Ocean but was not paid enough to do it! Ended up being a lot of work.

     

    It was all shot with a Sony Xr-500 L&M Stingray G2+ and Sunray 1200's. Editing on Asus I7, CS5.

     

     

    Here is another called Angelita. Really special place and one of the few that has the hydrogen sulphide cloud at the halocline, makes for an effect. Wasn't too sure on the music for this one but got tired of searching and wanted something of this nature because it is such a different dive.

     

    Enjoy

     

  7. very nice. the music on dos ojos is perfect.

  8. Thanks cozumeldogs, I do like the faster more intense music myself but have also tried to use a variety so the videos have a bit of contrast and all don't look the same.

     

    Here is another one called Chac Mool. There is two dives to do at the same location, Chac Mool and Kukulkan. It's another very popular spot that offers a good mixture of light penetration, haloclines, formations and air pockets.

     

    Enjoy

     

     

     

  9. Here is another called Angelita. Really special place and one of the few that has the hydrogen sulphide cloud at the halocline, makes for an effect. Wasn't too sure on the music for this one but got tired of searching and wanted something of this nature because it is such a different dive.

     

     

    Loving that one mate!

     

    Music was spot on!

  10. Cheers,

     

    I was a bit unsure at first but it did seem to work well, just longer clips with slow transitions. I'm starting to miss the cenote diving already! May come back and get my cave cert at some stage.

     

    Here is another one called Aktun Ha (Carwash). Anonther great spot and we were lucky enough to get there on a quiet day and spot the crocs! I was set up just below the bigger one waiting as it had some movement and was likely gonna come in and some bone head surfaced and started thrashing around nearly on top of me. The croc bolted in the water and I just got a sketchy clip of it in a panic trying to get away. Would have loved to get a nice relaxed shot of it free swimming. Another day I guess. I Did manage to get some nice surface shots after though.

     

    Enjoy

     

WaterPixels Store

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.