Skip to content

Critter Identification / Archived topic

Marbled Jellyfish in Roatan?

Started by heymo ·

  • 5Posts
  • 5Replies

Read-only discussion

Marbled Jellyfish in Roatan?

5 posts
  1. I shot this on our dive trip last week to Roatan. Not sure what species of Jellyfish this is...closest I could come was a marbled jelly.

     

    Any thoughts?

     

    Thanks in advance for you help!

    post-21930-1306934923.jpg

    Edited by heymo
  2. Looks like you have nailed the ID and the shot.

     

    Cheers,

    Marli

  3. Thanks, Marli!

     

    I wasn't sure about it- since what I had read these guys are not very common in the Caribbean, live in fairly shallow water. This one was hanging out around 60'.

    Edited by heymo
  4. Thanks, Wyatt! I did just submit a report to Jellywatch.org.

     

    I appreciate the information!

Marelux

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.