Skip to content

Photography Gear and Technique / Archived topic

Do I need a new port for my 100mm macro lens?

Started by Will_Clark ·

  • 3Posts
  • 3Replies

Read-only discussion

Do I need a new port for my 100mm macro lens?

3 posts
  1. I'm about to buy a new housing and am building up a wish list based on my lens collection. I can either buy a port that has been designed for my Canon 100mm IS L macro lens, or use the same port as for my 60mm with spacers which would result in a 7mm gap between the end of the lens and the glass of the dome, but saving £300 (almost US$500).

     

    Any opinions please, wise Canon owners?

  2. Shouldn't make any difference at all and that leaves you space for a smallish diopter. The 100mm can't focus that closely, unlike the 50mm macro.

    The only downside is an extra failure point.

    I constantly use an extension ring for my 100mm in my Seacam, varying between lengths depending on extension tube or teleconverter or both!

    Edited by Drew
  3. Thanks Drew, I appreciate your advice, and am saving myself a few quid.

Scuba.com

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.