Skip to content

Shooting Technique, Workflow and Editing / Archived topic

Maldives in HD, trying some new things, for us anyways

Started by NWDiver ·

  • 2Posts
  • 2Replies

Read-only discussion

Maldives in HD, trying some new things, for us anyways

2 posts
  1. So here are the video(s) from our 10day Ocean Dancer, Maldives trip. Tried a few new things. Feel free to critique, be honest. Here is the 6min version, Maldives in 6 minutes http://vimeo.com/24573934

     

    You will see there is also a 18min version Diving the Maldives http://vimeo.com/24393001 for those of you with more time to kill. Just more boat, mantas, whale sharks, some free diving, etc....

     

    That has been edited down to 12minutes and IMHO the best version, but need to wait a week before I can upload, lol.

     

    Things I am unsure about: Sound of my own voice, more or less info, think photos look washed out, in 18min voice over needs to be fixed, like split screens but think some of the photos get lost.......

    Edited by NWDiver
  2. So for total overkill here is a 12min version http://vimeo.com/24637938, this is getting closer to what I was aiming for.

     

    With the new editing program this has been an experiment in different formats. To me the photos and video look washed out, and have less contrast than when I originally edited them. Using Final Cut Express, which I like.

Sea & Sea

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.