Skip to content

Photography Gear and Technique / Archived topic

Recommended Ball head for focus gorillapod

Started by Scubysnaps ·

  • 5Posts
  • 5Replies

Read-only discussion

Recommended Ball head for focus gorillapod

5 posts
  1. Hi,

    I've Recently been using a joby Ball head but even after a thorough rinse it fell apart somehow.

     

    So I am now after a new one, any recommendations would be greatly appreciated. I use it for my housing as well as a strobe.

  2. Hi,

    I've Recently been using a joby Ball head but even after a thorough rinse it fell apart somehow.

     

    So I am now after a new one, any recommendations would be greatly appreciated. I use it for my housing as well as a strobe.

    I have been using the BallheadX for a while underwater with no problems. The original Joby ballhead (not the x version) lasted for maybe two dives.

    Bill

  3. thanks Bill, seems thats the way to go then, cheers :)

  4. If its mounted in a vertical position to shoot in potrait mode, can the ball head hold the weight ??

  5. If its mounted in a vertical position to shoot in potrait mode, can the ball head hold the weight ??

    It certainly can hold a 7D in a Nauticam housing but if I had two ginormous strobes (like YS 250) then I am not sure.

    Bill

Isotta

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.