Skip to content

Photography Gear and Technique / Archived topic

Great Review of Sigma 12-24

Started by james ·

  • 7Posts
  • 7Replies

Read-only discussion

Great Review of Sigma 12-24

7 posts
  1. Canon shooters, you now have a really wideangle zoom choice. Herb and Todd take note!

     

    http://194.100.88.243/petteri/pont/Reviews...4_f4.5-5.6.html

     

    Excellent review w/ good pix!

     

    barrel.jpg

     

    A shot of some blinds at 12mm:

     

    distortion.jpg

     

    Pretty sweet!

     

    Cheers

    James

     

    Images are copyright Petteri Sulonen I just hotlinked to them.

  2. I got this lens for a short week and was about to post some pics because of the lack of reviews available, everything i read was that it's a bad lens, but i just love it !

     

    nice review, thanks for the link

     

    Alex

  3. Thanks for the link James. I hadn't heard much very good about this lens until now, so it's nice to see something positive come out about it. Looks pretty darn good, especially considering they made it work full-frame too.

     

    Tom

  4. That is definitely a much more positive review. It looks quite chunky - which is a problem for certain housings (like my subal) in fitting the lens inside the ports. Does anyone have a measurement for the width of the barrel?

     

    Also now there is 12mm rectilinear for 35mm I want 12mm equivalent coverage on cropped DSLR!

     

    Alex

  5. According to the specs it's 3.4" maximum diameter, which is 0.1" larger than my 17-40L. The difference is that the 3.4" is at the zoom ring I think rather than the filter mount / front element. While it might fit in some housings, it might be difficult to get a zoom ring on it in certain housings.

     

    The one thing that I'd like to see more on is flare. The Sigma 14mm and 15-30mm have some flare issues from what I understand based on the large curved front element, which this seems to share. Obviously that can be controlled, but it's just another variable I'd be thinking about.

  6. Very interesting as I had not seen positive things until now. I wonder how the battle will be to house this "Popeye"?

     

    Thanks James for the post.

  7. here's a few (topside) pictures taken with the Sigma 12-24

     

    CRW_14211.jpg

     

    CRW_1435.jpg

     

    CRW_1369.jpg

     

    CRW_1371.jpg

     

    I love the perspective

    ...now i just need a full frame dslr to enjoy them!

AOI

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.