Skip to content

Shooting Technique, Workflow and Editing / Archived topic

LCD screen blanks in bright sunlight

Started by annsedna ·

  • 3Posts
  • 3Replies

Read-only discussion

LCD screen blanks in bright sunlight

3 posts
  1. Just need help with an LCD screen that blanks out when the sun is too bright. A pain when snorkeling and taking underwater photos. Would like to know cameras that don't do that, or how to get around it. I've tried putting polarizing film on the LCD screen but it didn't help. When I go to take a photo, the LCD screen is black and if I slant the camera away from the direct sun (and away from my subject), it comes on again and I can see the scene below. I'm using a Canon Elph 2009 model. Any suggestions are greatly appreciated.

  2. Just need help with an LCD screen that blanks out when the sun is too bright. A pain when snorkeling and taking underwater photos. Would like to know cameras that don't do that, or how to get around it. I've tried putting polarizing film on the LCD screen but it didn't help. When I go to take a photo, the LCD screen is black and if I slant the camera away from the direct sun (and away from my subject), it comes on again and I can see the scene below. I'm using a Canon Elph 2009 model. Any suggestions are greatly appreciated.

     

    Not sure if this will help, but try rotating the polarizing film 90 degrees and reapply.

     

    I wear polarized sunglasses and occasionally see a moire type pattern with certain LCDs. If I tilt my head (or remove the sunglasses) it changes or goes away entirely.

     

    Good luck.

  3. Polarizing screens will blank out many LCD screens

Retra

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.