Skip to content

Photography Gear and Technique / Archived topic

Nautican housing

Started by puffer ·

  • 3Posts
  • 3Replies

Read-only discussion

Nautican housing

3 posts
  1. Hi I'm thinking of getting a Nauticam housing I would like to still use my 8"dome from Ikelite and my modular flat port from Ikelite I have heard mixed reports of focusing problems. Is it worth to just get the Nauticam ports or keep my Ikelite ports.

     

    Thanks guys.

    Edited by puffer
  2. Hi,

    I've been using my old Ikelite 8" dome with the Nauticam 7D housing, 20mm extension ring and ikelite adapter, with the Tokina 10-17. I haven't had any problems (except for the odd internal reflection when shooting into the sun, which I also used to get when i used the dome on the ikelite housing). I haven't tried with the flat port, but I wouldn't imagine you would have any problems, provided you have the right size of port for your lens.

     

    Ferg

  3. There are two adapters currently for Ikelite ports.

     

    One special one for the Ikelite 5510.45 Dome, you need to ensure that you get the right adapter.

Turtle

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.