Skip to content

Shooting Technique, Workflow and Editing / Archived topic

Anilao Diving Video

Started by Oceanshutter ·

  • 5Posts
  • 5Replies

Read-only discussion

Anilao Diving Video

5 posts
  1. Hello all:

     

    First of all I have decided I finally needed to get my own login to wetpixel. I was previously posting under my wifes account tyanea.

     

    We went to Anilao in March and wanted to show you my first video I have put together. As Anilao is primarily a macro destination, and the fact that I only had wide angle lenses available, it made it a little challenging for a beginner. But I think I came out with some decent footage. I used a Canon 5d mark ii, with mostly a 15mm fisheye, with a little bit of footage with the 17-40mm. I also used the magic filters in about half of the footage as well.

     

    If you have time, have a look. Being a beginner, I am open to suggestions of how to get better. (shorter clips, better white balance, holding still....etc) Please feel free to share your thoughts.

     

    [vimeohd]24906633[/vimeohd]

     

    Here is the link in case the embedded code doesn't work

    Anilao HD video

     

     

    Dustin

  2. Well done for the first time.

    I would concentrate first on keeping the shots steady then mess around with the other stuff.

    Colour correction, exposure can easily be fixed up on the computer to a certain point but a wonky video cannot without loosing quality.

  3. great base skills to start from there...

     

    I mirror Wagsy's words about stability (it's generally one of the most important characteristics of u/w videos than can either make, or break a shot)

     

    Love the 1st tune - what is it?

  4. Thanks for the replies.

    As far as the stability goes, I Think part of my problem was the fact that my rig is not weighted properly. The dome port wants to float up, while the back goes down. I think that if I can get that a little better, it will help with the stability. I just dont know how to do it yet. Do you think this will help?

     

    Waterworks, the first tune is actually 2 songs that kind of blend together. It is angels and airwaves. The album is I-empire. The songs are "star of bethlehem" and "true love".

  5. Thanks for the replies.

    As far as the stability goes, I Think part of my problem was the fact that my rig is not weighted properly. The dome port wants to float up, while the back goes down. I think that if I can get that a little better, it will help with the stability. I just dont know how to do it yet. Do you think this will help?

     

    Waterworks, the first tune is actually 2 songs that kind of blend together. It is angels and airwaves. The album is I-empire. The songs are "star of bethlehem" and "true love".

     

    Thanks for the headsup on the music...

     

    RE bouyancy - there should be some posts in here regarding exactly that topic... I can't think of many pro shooters out there who haven't adapted their rig in one way or another, in order to help their shoot. A slightly negative bouyancy is nice for sitting in the hands - but not so great if you drop it (use a lanyard if you're not already :) )

AOI

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.