Skip to content

Photography Gear and Technique / Archived topic

New AD7000 today....

Started by Aquapaul ·

  • 5Posts
  • 5Replies

Read-only discussion

New AD7000 today....

5 posts
  1. I got my new AD7000 yesterday from Backscatter. Took my buddy to the pool for some practice. Tokina 10-17 with 8" dome port. Happy so far, I am going to have to figure out how to trim weight the dome, it wants to float dome up.

     

    post-31981-1307826623.jpg

     

    post-31981-1307826679.jpg

     

    post-31981-1307826663.jpg

     

    post-31981-1307826642.jpg

  2. Go to your local tyre (tire for you maybe;)) shop, and get some stick on wheel weights (they balance wheels with them). They use them for alloy wheels. They come in nice small multiples (Probably around 1/2oz - we get 10 grams) and are very very sticky. A few of those on the lower edge of the dome shade can work wonders.

  3. Tire weights is what I was thinking, I saw a post on WetPixel about that. I saw where the poster put them on the back side of the dome, I was wondering if the bottom edge of the dome shade would be better.I figure on sticking a few on and trying it in a tank and adding more as needed. Diving an old wreck in Lake Michigan tomorrow and giving the Green water Magic Filters a try.

    Edited by Aquapaul
  4. Bllecap, A dome port lock for the from dome to port extension would make me really happy, mine moved a little today while I was diving, not far but I ended the dive because I thought I might turn it the wrong way. No leaks but it's going to happen someday.

     

    I dove today and tried out my new Green Water Magic filters. For my first time out I am pretty happy. Not a real exciting wreck, more of a wreck of a wreck then anything,30 feet/ 10 meters or so deep. Lots of drifting snow looking particulate in the water. I shot everything at 800 ISO, maybe to high but it gave me a chance to try a bunch of different F stops. No surprise F/8 to F/11 seamed the best.

    I have a few shots below for criticism. Be brutal, really...

     

    post-31981-1308000260.jpg

    1/90th @ f/5.6

    post-31981-1308000293.jpg

    1/45 @f/9.5

    post-31981-1308000307.jpg

    1/60th @ f/9.5

    post-31981-1308000273.jpg

    1/45 @ f/11

    Edited by Aquapaul
WaterPixels Store

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.