Skip to content

The Galley: General Chat / Archived topic

Nikon D-7000

Started by okuma ·

  • 5Posts
  • 5Replies

Read-only discussion

Nikon D-7000

5 posts
  1. Getting ready to purchase cards for two new D-7000.

    Can not find read/write speed of camera and I don't think a card faster than the camera would make sense.....?

     

    What class speed cards are users of this camera using and what are your impressions?

     

    Thanks

  2. Class 4 /6 is save....friends Of my using class 10 and having problem.....

  3. I use class 10 from Sandisk, Team and Kingston. They work for RAW and video. Classes 4 and 6 are slower than class 10...

  4. I am running class 6 Sandisk cards in my D7000. The higher speed is mainly if your shooting alot of video. I found the Sandisk "VideoHD" cards cheap and they are a class 6 card.

     

    Since you have two card slots in the D7000 you can run one high speed card for your video (custom setting for role of card in slot 2) and a not so fast card in Slot 1 (as buffer is more limited than memory card speed). Or you can just put two of the fasts cards in which you can afford.

     

    16gb Card holds about 318 shots on Large fine JPG and RAW to give you an idea.

     

    Regards Mark

  5. Thanks all for advice.

    I went with Sandisc, class 10.

    May be an overkill, but after spending $10k on two new systtems, why cheap out in the cards?

Fotosub Shop

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.