Skip to content

Photography Gear and Technique / Archived topic

Ring Of Light

Started by Packhorse ·

  • 11Posts
  • 11Replies

Read-only discussion

Ring Of Light

11 posts
  1. ring.jpg

    cameralight2.jpg

     

    Made this macro LED light system some time ago.

    It has 16 Cree XP-G LEDs producing about 4000 lumen.

    Its powered by a separate battery cannister that hange below it ( not pictured)

     

    Camera is a G11 Canon.

     

    Some images....

    pink-1.jpg

    GDH.jpg

    034JasonMsm.jpg

     

    Apricot.jpg

    Edited by Packhorse
  2. Cool!

  3. Due to a camera upgrade this is now for sale.

    email me at gwilson(at)ihug(dot)co(dot)nz

  4. Rather cool.

     

    Is it heavy?

  5. Rather cool.

     

    Is it heavy?

     

     

    I never really thought it was, but I have now modified it for use with my Oly EPL3 and added a plate and handles. Its quite negative now.

     

     

    396387_10150586101553549_590018548_9359867_1082267268_n.jpg

  6. Great results though.

     

    What ISO, shutter and aperture settings are you using for that moray?

  7. Packhorse,

     

    Great project.

     

    I have been inspired to start my own version.

    Rod

  8. Great results though.

     

    What ISO, shutter and aperture settings are you using for that moray?

    f 3.5

    ISO250

    1/160th

    14mm ( 14-42mm lens)

    No flash

     

     

    Packhorse,

     

    Great project.

     

    I have been inspired to start my own version.

    Rod

     

    Go for it! My advice is to use as many LED's as possible as they will never match a strobe for light output.

  9. Here is another I took. Focus isnt nearly as sharp.

    This was with my G11 after a partial flood. It wouldnt allow me to control anything so it was set in auto.

     

    f4

    1/125

    ISO160

    268481_10150249713123549_590018548_7707397_6236620_n.jpg

Isotta

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.