Skip to content

Photography Gear and Technique / Archived topic

Kenko TC 1.4 DGX vs Kenko TC 1.4 DG

Started by ckchong ·

  • 4Posts
  • 4Replies

Read-only discussion

Kenko TC 1.4 DGX vs Kenko TC 1.4 DG

4 posts
  1. Hi, i'm getting confused with kenko TC 1.4 "DG" and "DGX". What is the different between DGX and DG????? i heard DG won't work with tokina 10-17mm in D90. it is true????

     

    So on D7000 which one to go, can i use "DG",

  2. Both will work with the Tokina 10-17mm. I use the DGX on a D90 and the only difference from the DG is the DGX has

    a slight upgrade that allows it to give the correct exif data to some of the newer camera bodies. It was released prior

    to the D7000 so I doubt that this nominal benefit will operate on that body. If that is the case then the DG would be

    your best and cheaper option. The optics are the same from what I understand.

     

    Cheers,

    Jim.

  3. I've just bought a Kenko teleplus pro 300 1.4x dgx. Tried Tokina 10-17 w the teleconverter w d7000. It's works w aperture and correct focal length recorded in nikon exif data.

     

    Found a compatibility list here. I just felt auto focus is ok fast w d7000

     

    http://www.kenkoglobal.com/pdf/TELEPLUS_DG...ibilityList.pdf

  4. Hi, i asked the producer at the Photokina - Trade fair in Germany.

     

    The man told me that the different is the quality. The DGX Version has better lenses and materials.

     

     

     

    MwST

Isotta

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.