Skip to content

Photography Gear and Technique / Archived topic

Getting a TC to work on Nikon 60mm AF-S

Started by JimSwims ·

  • 11Posts
  • 11Replies

Read-only discussion

Getting a TC to work on Nikon 60mm AF-S

11 posts
  1. Hi Folks,

     

    I know that adding a 1.4x TC to the Nikon 60mm AF-S lens will not allow it to auto focus, but I was just wondering if anyone has tried using

    it along with a 12mm Extension Tube? I understand that this combo allows proper lens functioning for the Canon 60mm EF-S.

     

     

    Cheers,

    Jim.

  2. What TC are you referring to? This one: AF-S TC-14E II works with the 60 macro and allows AF, but it is very expensive.

    Edited by Rocha
  3. What TC are you referring to? This one: AF-S TC-14E II works with the 60 macro and allows AF, but it is very expensive.

     

    Hi Rocha,

     

    yes sorry I neglected to mention I have a Kenko 1.4 DGX. I'm hoping there may be a way to utilise it with the AF-S 60mm

    as I have both. Quite sure it's not possible, but just putting the question out there in case some bright spark has come up

    with a solution.

     

    Cheers,

    Jim.

  4. Hi Rocha,

     

    yes sorry I neglected to mention I have a Kenko 1.4 DGX. I'm hoping there may be a way to utilise it with the AF-S 60mm

    as I have both. Quite sure it's not possible, but just putting the question out there in case some bright spark has come up

    with a solution.

     

    Cheers,

    Jim.

     

    Hi Jim

    The 60mm and 1.4 will not work. I have the same set-up, it will work up to 1m from the lens but any closer to the subject and the auto focus just tracks in and out and will not lock.

    The only lens I use the TC for is the Tok 10-14

     

    I you want to get super close with the 60mm get yourself a set of the FIT wet diopters, I used them on the last trip and was very happy with the results

    http://www.uwphotog.com/p691687760

  5. Hi Chriso,

     

    loved the images from your recent trip! My 60mm AF-S just jitters when trying to Auto Focus with the Kenko TC. When I re-read about some

    Canon users getting the Canon 60mm EF-S to work with a Kenko TC by putting a 12mm Extension Tube in between I wondered if I might have

    a cheap option to get more than 1:1 :)

     

    Just wishfully hoping that someone has had success with the Nikon 60mm AF-S + Kenko TC + 12mm Extension Tube combination.

     

    The FIT Diopters do look great and I've been very impressed with the reviews and images I've seen taken with them. It certainly is an option for

    me, just a hell of a lot more expensive.

     

     

    Cheers,

    Jim.

  6. Jim,

     

    Good question and I'd love to know the answer. If a 12mm extension tube makes this work with Canon, I wonder if there's any reason why the same might not also work with Nikon. It sure would beat having to sell the AF-S 60mm and get the old 60mm in order to use a TC.

  7. What TC are you referring to? This one: AF-S TC-14E II works with the 60 macro and allows AF, but it is very expensive.

    Luis:

    According to Nikon, that tele will not work with the 60 macro (at least it is not on the list) and with the 105 VR no autofocus is possible. If you have it working you should let Nikon know to update their compatibility list.

    I use the 12 mm extension tube with Tamron TC for the Canon 60 EFS lens but lately I have been using the Tamron 60 which is working quite well.

     

     

     

    Bill

    Edited by bvanant
  8. According to Nikon, that tele will not work with the 60 macro (at least it is not on the list) and with the 105 VR no autofocus is possible.

     

    Bill

     

     

    Bill can you point me to that list? I have a Kenko 2x Teleplus Pro 300, and it also does not autofocus on the AF-S 60mm but it does on the 105VR (although quite slowwwwly.)

  9. Bill can you point me to that list? I have a Kenko 2x Teleplus Pro 300, and it also does not autofocus on the AF-S 60mm but it does on the 105VR (although quite slowwwwly.)

     

    Never mind. Found what I needed on another thread.

     

    http://www.kenkoglobal.com/pdf/TELEPLUS_DG...ibilityList.pdf

  10. The Kenko 2x Teleplus Pro 300 works with my Nikkor 60mm AF-D and 105mm AF-D

     

    Cheers Mark

  11. Luis:

    According to Nikon, that tele will not work with the 60 macro (at least it is not on the list) and with the 105 VR no autofocus is possible. If you have it working you should let Nikon know to update their compatibility list.

    I use the 12 mm extension tube with Tamron TC for the Canon 60 EFS lens but lately I have been using the Tamron 60 which is working quite well.

     

     

     

    Bill

     

    Dear Bill,

    I have the Nikon 105 with the nikonx2 teleconverter and although it "should" not work, it has no problems. There should be another post on the topic

Fotosub Shop

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.