Skip to content

Photography Gear and Technique / Archived topic

Subal new additions

Started by MJvC ·

  • 6Posts
  • 6Replies

Read-only discussion

Subal new additions

6 posts
  1. Subal new additions

     

    Reading the review of the Subal ND7000 I was impressed that Subal seems to have been put on the right path. Some of the new additions are old to other housing manufacturers but I am glad to see them on the new Subal housing.

     

    • Fiber optic bulk heads (not new to other manufactures but not at the expense of the electrical ones)
    • A port lock. This feture was long overdue (I know it was present on the CD7) Does anybody know if they have added a further lock for there extension tubes to port connection?
    • New color. I like the idea of being able to custom order any color that you want.
    • Multiple port adapter. Have subal taken a page out of Nauticam's play book, I wish more manufactures would do this.
    • Kept the top window (Not a new thing but most of the other manufactures have done away with this. I use mine all the time to check settings.

    I have only had one Subal housing the CD5II and I absolutely love it even with all its short falls. I was very distressed to hear that they were in financial trouble. Hopefully these additional features will go some of the way to ensuring that Subal is here to stay for a very long time. I know that they are a lot more pricy than the majority of other housing manufactures but is it worth it that is up to the individual to decide there quality is amazing. almost beautiful.

  2. We are certainly happy to see Subal being more aggressive with feature set changes.

     

    A port lock. This feture was long overdue (I know it was present on the CD7) Does anybody know if they have added a further lock for there extension tubes to port connection?

     

    An extension ring line with an internal locking mechanism is scheduled to be released in August.

  3. Quick question, what strobes support the new fiber optic connections? And how many of them work in iTTL?

  4. Quick question, what strobes support the new fiber optic connections? And how many of them work in iTTL?

     

     

    Most of the major Japanese ones.

     

    Alex

  5. I know that the Sea & Sea YS110a and the Inon Z240 both have full TTL via fiber Optic.

    Not sure about other models of Inon or Sea & Sea but I am reasonably sure that the YS 250Pro does not TTL via fiber optic.

  6. We tested it with Z-240 at LB show and the histos were identical through the full aperature range at two different ISO'S.

Reef Photo & Video

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.