Skip to content

Photography Gear and Technique / Archived topic

Can chlorine damage housings?

Started by Sølve ·

  • 5Posts
  • 5Replies

Read-only discussion

Can chlorine damage housings?

5 posts
  1. I'm going to take some photos of diving students who are diving in a pool. The water there contains chlorine (i think thats the correct english word). Can that damage the housing somehow?

     

    best regards

    Sølve Slettebak

  2. In its pure form maybe, but not in the diluted amounts found in swimming pools.

    Obviously rinsing after use is obvious.

  3. id agree with that ..

     

    but do watch out for band aids and curly hairs ... i would advise as little contact as possible with them !

  4. if there's no such things in the O-ring when I close the housing, it shouldnt be a problem, should it? I'm always make sure there are no such things on it when I close it..

     

    thanks for the advice!

  5. lol

     

    i meant the curly hairs in the pool !!

     

    but yeah none in the housing would be good too !

Ultralight Control Systems

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.