I get a bit confused when looking at Sea & Sea's port chart for lenses. There are a variety of domes that don't seem interchangeable and I gather some are legacy versions, right?
So for example, how is the Fish eye NX dome port.
Looking at the chart, it would work with for example Canon EF 14 and Sigma 10-20 but with non of the fish eyes such as Tokina 10-17, sigma 10 or canon 15. How come, I thought this dome was bigger than the compact versions?
Also, is there a way to know if it would be possible to use this (or any) dome with the Sigma 8-16, or Tokina 11-16?
From what i understand from this forum, it is easy to end up with an unsharp combination dome and lens that is not fixable with the available combination of port bases. Especially if you don't stick to the manufacturer recommended options.
What else is there to consider when choosing dome, will for example zoom gears work with all domes?
Cheers
O