Skip to content

Copyright Issues, Non-Payment, Fraud, Theft / Archived topic

Unauthorized use

Started by twinner ·

  • 10Posts
  • 10Replies

Read-only discussion

Unauthorized use

10 posts
  1. Pinnanobllis Gallery

     

    I have no idea who this is. I found mine and many other Wetpixel members images on the site. I have already requested mine be taken off.

     

    Todd

  2. Amazing that this person has labeled this collection of photos as "My Portfolio." Dozens of great photos though. The most troubling thing about it , however, is that he did not choose any of mine. :rolleyes:

  3. Well my first response from google to take the site down was not what I expected. "It is unclear to us what the copyright issue is."

    Let's see how response two is.

  4. He's got a jellyfish shot of mine up. When I google that photo title, (Rand McMeins Transparent jelly), I get 44,000 hits. Sounds like I've got my work cut out for me...

  5. Hi Rand, I hope google takes care of you faster and better than me.

     

    Google did remove my image. I filled out the report violation link and had to email proof. I did email them back requesting the whole page be removed. We'll see what happens.

    This is the third time I have found my images on a photo sharing site with links to order prints and down loads. I don't think there is much that can be done other than having the user shut down but if anyone knows please let me know.

  6. Google did remove my image. I filled out the report violation link and had to email proof. I did email them back requesting the whole page be removed. We'll see what happens.

    This is the third time I have found my images on a photo sharing site with links to order prints and down loads. I don't think there is much that can be done other than having the user shut down but if anyone knows please let me know.

     

    G'day Todd

    Perhaps a more secure site to host your work might be the way to go. Just had a look at your current site and was able to download any image I liked in a matter of seconds....

    As an example I am using Zenfolio at the moment and been very happy with the security they offer my work.

  7. Well my first response from google to take the site down was not what I expected. "It is unclear to us what the copyright issue is."

    Let's see how response two is.

     

    Thanks for the heads up, Todd. Interesting that he's given credit to the photogs in the tag lines.

     

    BTW, the owner of the website has great taste...

  8. Amazing that this person has labeled this collection of photos as "My Portfolio." Dozens of great photos though. The most troubling thing about it , however, is that he did not choose any of mine. :rolleyes:

     

    Whoever it is has changed the title of the website to "Underwater Photography" instead of "My Portfolio."

     

    I think these images came from a photocontest.

  9. If you send a DMCA compliant cease & desist demand to the legal department at Picassa they will remove the content.

  10. Whoever it is has changed the title of the website to "Underwater Photography" instead of "My Portfolio."

     

    I think these images came from a photocontest.

    Jim:

    Many of them came from the LAUPS site as far as I can tell.

     

    Bill

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.