Skip to content

Photography Gear and Technique / Archived topic

panasonic g3 housing?

Started by derway ·

  • 10Posts
  • 10Replies

Read-only discussion

panasonic g3 housing?

10 posts
  1. Hey all.

     

    The panasonic g3 looks to be actually better than the gh2 in most ways, at a lot less money, and weight!

     

    They have finally made a big improvement to jpgs, which is nice for daily land use.

     

    The focus speed, shutter lag, IQ, and video modes are all as good or better than the gh2.

     

    If anyone will house it, they will come!

     

    Jack, any word from 10 bar?

     

    Nauticam?

     

    Come on Ikelite! Jump on this one!

  2. No, I don't think anyone is going to support this camera for now.

     

    There's an old saying "Buy the housing, then the camera..."

     

    Jack

    Edited by JackConnick
  3. No, I don't think anyone is going to support this camera for now.

     

    There's an old saying "Buy the housing, then the camera..."

     

    Jack

     

     

    I would aslo look at how the camera does at low ISO. I read they improved the high ISO quality of the G3 at the expense of base ISO quality. I don't know about most people but I rarely take my cameras off base ISO when shooting underwater. The GH2 is still the better camera and worth the money I think though I love the smaller size of the G3. The G3 is more like a improved GF1 if you ask me. I agree it would be a great camera housed.

    Edited by underexposed
  4. No hotshoe, and not the state of the art sensor.

  5. Hey Dave.

     

    Every pic and review I've seen of the 3 clearly shows the g3 with hotshoe, and lists it in the spec sheet.

     

    Yeah, the smaller size is what appeals to me. And the same fast focus as gh2. The only advantage the gh2 has is some more video configurations, I think.

  6. Hey Dave.

     

    Every pic and review I've seen of the 3 clearly shows the g3 with hotshoe, and lists it in the spec sheet.

     

    Yeah, the smaller size is what appeals to me. And the same fast focus as gh2. The only advantage the gh2 has is some more video configurations, I think.

     

     

    Sorry, Iwas thinking you ment the GF3.

     

    The G3 does look attractive. The gf3 not so much.

    Edited by davephdv
  7. The G3 does look attractive. The gf3 not so much.

     

    Completely agreed!

  8. So far I like G3 as better for UW than the new Oly. The Oly looks way cool though.

  9. The new oly looks way faster auto focus and shutter lag, especially the all important lag with flash enabled...

     

    Over at imaging resources, the timings are already out:

     

    http://www.imaging-resource.com/PRODS/EP3/EP3A6.HTM

     

    http://www.imaging-resource.com/PRODS/DMCGH2/DMCGH2A6.HTM

     

    http://www.imaging-resource.com/PRODS/DMCG3/DMCG3A6.HTM

     

    The ep3 and epl3 are significantly faster than the gh2 or g3.

     

    Shutter lags of .22 seconds, and .4 seconds with flash, vs .3 seconds and .56 with flash for the g3!!!

  10. Actually, I really like the Fuji. Especially with the optical viewfinder.

     

    Fixed 35 mm, but wetmate lenses for WA and Macro could easily be designed. Probably cheaper than the cost of dedicated lenses and ports.

     

    Alas, it will be too much of a niche camera. No economic incentive to develop a housing for.

Keldan

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.