Skip to content

Critter Identification / Archived topic

ID's from the Blue Heron Bridge

Started by mborosch ·

  • 8Posts
  • 8Replies

Read-only discussion

ID's from the Blue Heron Bridge

8 posts
  1. Image 1 have no idea what that is.

    Image 2 Harlequin ?? Sea Goddess Nudibranchs ?

    Image 3 Chain Moray?

     

    BHB-ID-001.jpg

     

    BHB-ID-002.jpg

     

    BHB-ID-003.jpg

     

    Thanks

    Mark

  2. Image 1 have no idea what that is.

    Image 2 Harlequin ?? Sea Goddess Nudibranchs ?

    Image 3 Chain Moray?

     

    Thanks

    Mark

     

     

    Hi Mark,

     

    Image 1- looks like a Terebellid Worm? but I'm sure Leslie will know exactly what it is.

     

    Image 2- is Chromodoris binza/clenchi.

     

    Image 3- Spotted Moray, Gymnothorax moringa?

     

    Would love to do an extended visit at Blue Heron, lots of interesting critters on a shore dive just how I like it!

     

     

    Cheers,

    Jim.

  3. fishing lure?

  4. Would a fishing lure lumenesse, by itself? I would feel like a total idiot if that was a fishing lure.

  5. Looks like a fishing lure

  6. Would a fishing lure lumenesse, by itself? I would feel like a total idiot if that was a fishing lure.

     

    No need, you have lots of company. There was the unidentified object, photographed in Cozumel, that turned out to be a discarded mango seed. I also remember the unknown nudibranch that was identified as a piece of a starfish's arm.

     

    On the other hand, the image of what was thought to be a piece of dryer hose was later identified as the egg case of the West Indian Chank.

  7. Ha ha yes now I look at it again I think jlyle may be spot on. I'm not really familiar with Fishing Gear but there

    does appear to be corrosion on the left end of it and staining moving to the right. Also is that fishing line going

    to the left from the corroded part.

     

    Mark your hoax may have been exposed :rolleyes:

     

    Cheers,

    Jim.

  8. The nudibranch is:

    Chromodoris binza,

    page 148 in Caribbean Sea Slugs

    (I had to get a plug in!)

    Anne

Retra

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.