Skip to content

Shooting Technique, Workflow and Editing / Archived topic

FP-170. Nexus domeport How deep would you go?

Started by Kimmeineche ·

  • 3Posts
  • 3Replies

Read-only discussion

FP-170. Nexus domeport How deep would you go?

3 posts
  1. Dear wetpixelmembers and specially Nexus owners!

     

    I'm sure this has been discussed before here at wetpixel, but I couldn't find the thread so please excuse me asking the question again:

     

    Planning to do some dives in the 60-65m range I would like to know if you have been at that deep with your Nexus FP-170 domeport.

     

    Even it is rated to maximum 40meters by Nexus them selves, I think lot's of people have been much deeper with this port with no issues?

     

    I hope this thread can help me to decide if I need a lot of luck to take this port to 60-65meters without implosion or if I can consider this as "Quite safe".

     

    Thank you very much in advance from Kim Meineche.

     

    http://www.3Dphotography.dk

  2. I've had the 170 and the mini dome for the tokina down to 50 meters but I haven't done much diving beyond that.

  3. Thanks for your info!

     

    Talked to a friend of mine today who has a pressurepot that is big enough to contain the FP-170 port (Mounted with backcover).... think I am going to test the ports to 7,5bars in this and see what happens.

     

     

     

    Good idea.... ???

     

     

     

    The very best regards again from Kim! :-)

     

     

     

    I've had the 170 and the mini dome for the tokina down to 50 meters but I haven't done much diving beyond that.
Nauticam

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.