Skip to content

Shooting Technique, Workflow and Editing / Archived topic

strobe sync problems

Started by deakspeak1 ·

  • 2Posts
  • 2Replies

Read-only discussion

strobe sync problems

2 posts
  1. I've been using an oly c5050 for a few years and just moved up to a dslr setup. oly e620 & ufl-2 strobe, with f/o cable. I'm experiencing problems which may possibly be due to a lack of experience with the model types, and hope that someone can help.

     

    My images taken in TTL mode are dramatically underexposed and I can't work out why.

    The strobe is set to 'rc mode' - the camera is set to 'rc mode' both on channel 1 group A.

    The shutter speed does not exceed 1/180th which is the max sync speed.

    The rc menu on the camera is set to TTL , +/-0, and the ultra-fast shutter sync option is not activated.

    All images at any f/stop are underexposed.

    When chosing the TTL option on the 'rc menu' at camera back. The options are 'TTL', Auto' and, I think, 'manual' or maybe 'off'. Anyway, I chose TTL and after the exposure the menu reverts to 'auto' - I can't seem to make it stay in TTL mode.

    If anyone has any experience with this setup I would be grateful for some help.

    Thanks.

  2. I just bought the UFL-2 to use with an XZ-1 in a PT-050 housing. The instructions are confusing and I've experimented a fair bit. I can get the flash to trigger through the fiber optic cable with RC-on in the XZ-1 flash setting, and in Rc mode on the strobe. But it does not seem to adjust the focus/zoom on the strobe at all, though the focusing light in front blinks. Are there other modes that should be used? Is this a more intelligent apparatus, via Olympus fiber optic cable, than a TTL through the pin connector? Note that the housing for XZ-1 only entertains the fiber optic option, but I've read that it should be as intelligent as a pin connector. I don't want to buy another housing for this camera.

Aquatica

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.