Skip to content

Critter Identification / Archived topic

Unidentified Sea Slug in Poppe Images

Started by RUDOLF27 ·

  • 4Posts
  • 4Replies

Read-only discussion

Unidentified Sea Slug in Poppe Images

4 posts
  1. 978737.jpg

     

    It was unidentified in Poppe images... I'm just wondering if someone around here can identify this sea slug...

     

    Pls. help if you can... Thanks! :rolleyes:

  2. This is often mistaken for a sea slug but it's a velutinid snail. I'm not sure what the right name is - possibly Coriocella hibyae. There seems to be a lot of confusion over the proper name even for the common ones. Go to nudipixel for a variety of photos and see if any of them match yours http://www.nudipixel.net/family/velutinidae/

  3. Wow, I didn't realize that... Maybe it's Coriocella nigra...

     

    Thanks for your help! I really appreciate it! :rolleyes:

  4. Gotta love that NudiPixel!

Keldan

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.