The frustrating problem has been (nad still is?) that the hot shoe connection on the strobe housing does not make a constant connection with the strobe. You connect everything up, it says DTTL is working, you test fire and it works but then you realize during the dive it only works when it wants to. I was fortunate enough to get some tips from others on Wetpixel on how to overcome this problem. The tip that worked best for me was to NOT LOCK the SB80DX lever after mounting the strobe onto the housing's hotshoe. Use masking tape to hold it in place. I know it seems strange, but when I did this, the strobe worked EVERY time in DTTL. And, it is awesome for macro photography ... I love it.
I have had my Subal SB80DX housing for quite a while now. I am b/t dive trips and I just recently sent the housing in to get this fixed (so I CAN lock the lever down like it should work). I would hope that by now Subal has solved this problem so that people buying the housing today will not encounter this problem. You should be aware of the problem and make sure you don't have issues if you get one of these housings. Test the housing flash over and over b/c you will think it is working, then it does not!
If you do a search on "SB80DX" on this site, you will find commets about all this.