Is there a simple solution for a rotating axis o-ring sealed "gland" that could be suitable for a DIY project?
I need to have a potentiometer-axis sealed though the lid of a Otterbox in order to make a knob adjustable on the outside. Is this at all feasible in a DIY-project?
Cheers
O
Is there a simple solution for a rotating axis o-ring sealed "gland" that could be suitable for a DIY project?
I need to have a potentiometer-axis sealed though the lid of a Otterbox in order to make a knob adjustable on the outside. Is this at all feasible in a DIY-project?
Cheers
O
Aren't most of the controls on a DSLR housing rotating in that same sense. I think the biggest issue is controlling the diameter of the hole in plastic to be both smooth enough and constant diameter. Put a groove on the shaft with an o-ring and you should be good to go. I might use two o-rings though.
Bill
There are usually a few old Ikelite SLR housings going cheap on eBay and most of them have up to a half dozen glands fitted. Could you drill a hole and tap a thread into your Otterbox and use one of these?
Mr Bantin , posted such a plumbing fixture here before . Search his post.