This is a short video with some of the Belize jungle near Placencia and 8 dives based from Caye Caulker.
I will likely make a longer version with this material as there was a fair bit I didnt include. Curious of input on a short faster cut video so all comments welcome.
Cheers
Kelly
Wow, that is great. Did you use a red filter for white balancing?
The colours are great.
Cheers pete
Nice. I especially liked the shots of the turtle, the schooling fish, and the ray pootling along at the end. Perhaps you could intersperse some of your cuts with some slightly longer scenes? I like the overall length though, the video stays interesting all the way through. Most especially, you've successfully captured things swimming towards you - all I seem to see is the rear end of animals skedaddling into the blue!
I agree about the turtle shot, love the fact that you look through the sponge with the turtle in the background.
Cheers Pete.
Hello,
Thanks for the input and glad you liked it. I do use a red filter and MWB for most wide angle shots provided it is not too deep (18ish m) and shallower. Close range objects I use no filter and the outdoor WB setting.
errbrr maybe your are being a bit too aggressive? As easy as it is to swim straight at the critters to get the shot sometimes if you relax and breath really slow they will come to you and other times its just luck like the ray haha.
I would have liked to include some longer clips too but ran short with the song length and had a lot of material I wanted to use from both the jungle and diving.
Overall I really enjoyed Belize both topside and underneath. It has a lot to offer and so far the best Caribbean diving I have done.
Thanks again!
Kelly
What editing program did you use?
What editing program did you use?
Adobe PP CS5. It has more than what I need as I do not do anything crazy just straight cuts, cross dissolves , fades and a tiny bit of colour correction. Very happy with it and preforms great on my Asus.
errbrr maybe your are being a bit too aggressive? As easy as it is to swim straight at the critters to get the shot sometimes if you relax and breath really slow they will come to you and other times its just luck like the ray haha.
There may have been some comments like this from my dive buddies....but then I think they tend to rush off when I want to sit and wait, so maybe we need to come to an arrangement.
I've also noticed the fish are a lot more skittish on sites that don't see many divers, whereas with more diver traffic maybe they become accustomed to our noise? Getting close enough can be an interesting challenge.
Liked the film, enjoyed the synching of the music early on. A longer version with some narration and additional music tracks would make it festival worthy. Curious however as to why you desaturated the clip of the red lipped bat fish. It has been a few decades since I last dove Belize...it wasn't the tourist attraction it is now. Will never forget the stench of the fish market in Belize City or being eaten alive by the bugs at the Mayan temples.
Steve
Thanks Steve glad you liked it. I will likely make a longer version when I get some time, still have Utila/Roatan, Galapagos and Red Sea to edit from the last 6 months so it may have to wait! All I I did with the bat fish shot was a tiny bit of RGB correction as the shot was even more green than it is now. It was shot along the edge of a mangrove whole snorkeling and the water was fairly merky. Maybe I over did it?
I really enjoyed Belize and wouldn't hesitate to go back. Belize city however was a pretty sketchy place sop I did not experience the fish market. Some of my friends were also robbed in Placencia so you really need to be aware of your surroundings! Although there are many places like this I suppose.