Was wondering if anyone had any experience in using google image's new feature?
http://www.zdnet.com/blog/seo/google-rolls...rip-tineye/3463
Copyright Issues, Non-Payment, Fraud, Theft / Archived topic
Started by eudon ·
Read-only discussion
Was wondering if anyone had any experience in using google image's new feature?
http://www.zdnet.com/blog/seo/google-rolls...rip-tineye/3463
Psst. Over here: http://wetpixel.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=41901
Psst. Over here: http://wetpixel.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=41901
Thanks, I missed that. But was also hoping to see user experiences.
It works quite well, but you have to know what you're looking for or it can easily suck hours, even days worth of time doing searches. Thanks for posting this because it prompted me to spend 10 minutes to look at my website stats to see that I was getting a lot of bandwidth on some of my image pages. So I did a search for the images on one of the pages and voilà...
![]()
At least one of the three websites is linking to the image on my server, but it did spark my search and resulted in the other two as well. Unfortunately the companies are outside of the US and likely small, The other is a forum (probably the one linking to my image on my server). In a situation like this I will swap the image on my server with a big, fat copyright violation notice and try to electronically block that forum from linking to my site.
For the websites in Ecuador and where ever .be is, the best I can do is sent them an email asking them to remove the image. Fighting international copyright is just too expensive and there is little guarantee the company you go after has any money anyway. If it were a big corporation in the US, I'd be very happy, as they are much easier to go after and I would likely get a settlement out of it. In this case it is a really old image that I never embedded copyright notices on, but that seldom stops them anyway. There are probably a hundred other sites out there that have lifted images from any of my sites that I'll never find because this process is too time intensive.
I honestly do fear for the future of copyright.
thanks for sharing google new features ....
it helps me lot
uwcolours. - thanks for sharing that! Was very interesting! Hope you get a favourable outcome on those websites. Nice photo btw.
Terms of Use Privacy Policy Guidelines We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.