Skip to content

Critter Identification / Archived topic

Juvenile fish eating jellyfish

Started by tonywu ·

  • 4Posts
  • 4Replies

Read-only discussion

Juvenile fish eating jellyfish

4 posts
  1. Bob Halstead took this photo during my recent trip in Milne Bay, PNG. It appears to be a juvenile fish eating a small jellyfish.

     

    Does anyone happen to recognize this fish?

    post-3350-1309477502.jpg

  2. Looks like a juvenile jack (family Carangidae), I will try to find out.

  3. Alright, I think it is a juvenile Uraspis helvola.

    Edited by Rocha
  4. Thanks Luiz. From a quick google search, that looks right!

     

    I'll pass that on to Bob.

     

    Cheers,

     

    Tony

Ultralight Control Systems

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.