I wanted to share with you one of the trailers for an exciting new documentary I helped shoot last month. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u72MaD0vOfY&feature=feedf Its called Project Shiphunt. In the documentary 5 students learn, search and really discover virgin shipwrecks in Lake Huron's Thunder Bay Marine Sanctuary. The project was sponsored by Sony, Intel, NOAA, and WHOI to name a few. I was lucky to be a part of the underwater film crew along with Evan Kovaks, David Schott, and Richie Stevenson. We were the first to dive 2 virgin wrecks discovered that week by the students! They were certainly challenging dives, the wrecks were located in 315 feet of water which was 34 degrees top to bottom, we spent over 90 minutes in the water. We used rebreathers, mixed gasses, and 3D cameras connected to the surface though fiber so the students and producers could see in real time what we were finding. As for what we found you'll have to watch the documentary and I can tell you that you won't be disappointed! Adventure, discovery, inspiration, history and virgin wrecks how could it get any better!
Here are a few shots on the wreck of the Grecian, we did a few work up dives on it before hitting the deep sites.
The documentary should air by this fall, I'll keep you updated!
Cheers,
Becky Kagan Schott
http://discover.sonystyle.com/shiphunt/ click on "watch the adventure"