Skip to content

Critter Identification / Archived topic

2 from Lembeh please

Started by pmerc ·

  • 3Posts
  • 3Replies

Read-only discussion

2 from Lembeh please

3 posts
  1. Hi All, I have 2 I'm looking for help to ID.

    I think I've seen the same clam on the sea star before in here but cannot recall where.

     

    post-22409-1309777213.jpg

     

    Also help with the gastropod would be much appreciated.

     

    post-22409-1309777228.jpg

     

    Thanks everyone!

     

    Cheers,

    Phil Mercurio

    Edited by pmerc
  2. The first photo is parasitic cap limpet ( Thyca crystallina )

    I have a similar photo from Lembeh they are parasitic

    on seastars of linckia.

     

    The second photo may be a Murex tribulus but i am not sure

    about that.

     

    Cheers,

    Aziz

     

    http://www.azizsaltik.com

     

    Hi All, I have 2 I'm looking for help to ID.

    I think I've seen the same clam on the sea star before in here but cannot recall where.

     

    post-22409-1309777213.jpg

     

    Also help with the gastropod would be much appreciated.

     

    post-22409-1309777228.jpg

     

    Thanks everyone!

     

    Cheers,

    Phil Mercurio

  3. Fantastic, Thank you very much!

    Cheers,

    Phil Mercurio

Fotosub Shop

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.