Thought this was pretty cool.
I guess Apple has some catching up to do. lol
Read-only discussion
Thought this was pretty cool.
I guess Apple has some catching up to do. lol
Thought this was pretty cool.I guess Apple has some catching up to do. lol
Holy cow!
FC Pro x catching up ? ---- Not at $ 299 ![]()
Does Edius 6 have the equivalent of Motion built in? What about keywording, offline clips management? Mac support :-)? How good are the color correction tools?
Otherwise it is significantly more expensive ($750) than FCPX ($299)...
Reading "Top Reasons TO BUY AN EDIUS NLE SOLUTION" (a PDF available in Grass Valley's website):
• Powerful real-time performance without sacrificing stability.
• With its unrivaled video transcoding technology [my emphasis], EDIUS software performs conversion between different HD and SD resolutions, aspect ratios, and frame rates—all in real time, without special hardware
and from this white paper, it seems they are transcoding in their proprietary HQX code.
And as usual, all this hype about realtime must be balanced with hardware specs. I am ready to bet that you get closer to the performance showcased in the video when you have 12 core CPU. I don't see any mention of being able to take advantage of CUDA boards (maybe it is so fast already that this is not necessary?).
What strikes me though, it that the layout (color, etc) is actually pretty close to FCPX/iMovie. Who copied who?
Yep I'm impressed.
In fact what makes it funnier is the fact that I am looking at this while FCP is rendering 1:30mins of footage.
Thanks Wags
Use after effects if you are one for fancy effects.
Or VisTitle, a mini after effects plugin that lets you do lots of cool things in real time.
You don't have to use their HQ codec, just edit the raw files as is.
Yes EDIUS has useless colour correction . ![]()
http://vimeo.com/groups/edius/videos/8901567
Lets see now, another 3 day dive trip cut up.
From rendering out both a PAL and NTSC DVD file from the 44 minute HDV timeline to authoring both a PAL and NTSC DVD with dive chapters to burning took 1 hour flat on my laptop on the boat.
Using the on board Quad iMac with iMovieHD and iDVD would of taken over 4 hours to complete the same task lol...
All very cool, however does Edius have a nifty piece of fruit as it's logo ... ![]()
Dive safe
DeanB
Ha ha...who cares about what it looks like, the fact is I can be burring Pal and NTSC DVD's in just 1 hour from the mixed Canon Mov - HDV 44 minute timeline on a $1300 laptop.
I even have 6 trips all cut up in the same project now using different sequences so I can go back and grab a scene from a previous trips edit and past it into the new sequence timeline.
For quick editing and rendering out to final outputs, it leaves the Quad iMac for dead, so quick its embarrassing.
Terms of Use Privacy Policy Guidelines We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.