Skip to content

Photography Gear and Technique / Archived topic

Nikon AF-S DX NIKKOR 35mm f/1.8G

Started by Aqua_soul ·

  • 3Posts
  • 3Replies

Read-only discussion

Nikon AF-S DX NIKKOR 35mm f/1.8G

3 posts
  1. Hi

     

    I would love to hear from people who have used this lens and if its any good for uw use?

    Did you needed to use any extension tubes to your dome? And how was the corner sharpness?

     

    Thank you

    Geo

  2. I've not used the Nikon version but the Canon 35/1.4L works fine behind a Seacam WidePort with 35mm of extension and without diopters. The WidePort is the intermediate dome and other manufacturers will produce a not dis-similar dome - exact set up will vary and you will need to consult the housing manufacturer to determine what extension is needed, but it is a useful focal length and the speed offers a very bright viewfinder image.

  3. Wow you're a mind reader. I was going to use this lens behind my 8" dome on my Aquatica d300 but never got around to it last month. I was also going to use my 60mm behind the 8" dome.

    If you can wait I plan on shooting with it (or trying too) in August during low light dawn dives.

    Edited by PIG004
Backscatter

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.