Skip to content

Photography Gear and Technique / Archived topic

Wetlens Review?

Started by Aussiebyron ·

  • 9Posts
  • 9Replies

Read-only discussion

Wetlens Review?

9 posts
  1. I am currently looking at the range of different wetlenses available for mounting to 67mm threads for macro and supermacro. I have heard of good reports about FIT, Subsee, and Dyron lenses. I would love to see a review comparing them all and any other ones out there in the market.

     

    Regards Mark

  2. I have used the FIT and Dyron ones - and would definitely choose FIT. Dyron is decent (much better than some) - but flaws show especially when stacked. The FIT dioptres continue to impress me in terms of corner sharpness and CA.

     

    I hear good things about the Subsee - but have never had the chance to try one. So can't recommend something I haven't tried.

     

    Alex

  3. I have a Subsee +5 and +10 here Alex if you'd like to test them.

  4. I think it would an excellent review on all the currrent wetlens which are available. Unfortunately many of us live in areas which the only way to compare items is via online reviews.

     

    Regards Mark

  5. Totally agree with Mark. For those of us in localities without the luxury of in-store shopping, on-line shopping is our only option

    and sites like this are incredibly useful. I have really appreciated the time and effort put into reviews on WP and have used

    them to assist in my purchase decisions. Like Mark I'm also interested in some of the recent wet lens options and would love

    to see a comparative based review of them on WP.

     

    Cheers,

    Jim.

  6. Wondering how the listed one's compare to the Inon wet lens, UCL 165.

    I have one I used a few times with my G9. Now that I am using a D90, wondering if there is a reasonable and worthwhile option for using this lens with a 60 or 105 micro on a Nexus port.

    Anyone have suggestions for this arrangement and wet lens compared to the FIT, Subsee, and Dyron?

  7. I'll see if we can set this up then for the benefit of the community.

  8. I hear you all guys-we'll add it to the list! ;)

     

    Seriously I would welcome suggestions for reviews, and would love to do one on wetlens options.

     

    Please bear in mind that these things take time-we are testing the Sea & Sea D7000 housing at presents, and expect Subal and Hugyfot to arrive in the next couple of weeks too!

     

    Stay tuned!

     

    Adam

  9. Adam will do the dioptre review for Wetpixel, although i remain keen to test the options and will report my findings from the field either here or somewhere else.

     

    Alex

Isotta

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.