Does anyone know what I am doing wrong when trying to set my custom white balance on the sony nex5 underwater? I am going through the correct procedure (have done it successfully on land) but keep getting an error when underwater: Custom WB error and either M6 or M9. I don't know what this means or what I am doing wrong.
Help!
Hi All,
Does anyone know what I am doing wrong when trying to set my custom white balance on the sony nex5 underwater? I am going through the correct procedure (have done it successfully on land) but keep getting an error when underwater: Custom WB error and either M6 or M9. I don't know what this means or what I am doing wrong.
Help!
If you are trying this at depth, the camera is telling you that your white card looks blue since there is no red light and the camera can not set the white balance to that level. Firstly just take your card down, and shoot it at depth with your strobe and use raw. In LR use the eyedropper to set the color temp to that white. Otherwise, take a good torch/focus light with you and shine it on the white card, that should work but is way too much PITA to do all the time. Just shoot in raw and shoot the card occasionally.