Skip to content

Photography Gear and Technique / Archived topic

Help buying my first dslr housing for the D7000

Started by acuevas ·

  • 5Posts
  • 5Replies

Read-only discussion

Help buying my first dslr housing for the D7000

5 posts
  1. Hi guys,

     

    I'm still looking if I will be able to buy the AD7000 housing while I'm in New York for business, but in the meantime I want to see the list of items.

    The list I have is the following:

     

    - Aquatica housing AD7000 with Dual Optical Bulkheads

    - Aquatica mini dome

    - Fiber optic cables compatible with the Inon z240 type 4.

    - Aquatica Zoom Gear: Tokina 10-17mm lens 2011 version

     

    I'm not buying the viewfinder now because I want to wait for all the 45° viewfinders in order to make my decision about it.

     

    I'm not sure about the fiber optic cables, which one do I have to choose?

    I like the nauticam fiber optic cable because it have elbows in both ends, but I don't know if I can use it with the Aquatica housing.

     

    BTW: I will be using the D7000 with the Tokina 10-17 only for now. The macro lens will have to wait until next year.

     

    Am I missing something?

     

    Please help me guys!!! this is a really big jump for me.

  2. you still need arm and clam ( 5" + 8" ) will be perfect for WA. i'm not sure aquatica mini dome need any extension use with 10-17mm FE lens or not....

  3. The Ad7000 doesnt need a port extension for the Tokina 10-17mm and 100mm Mini dome Combination. If your going to go with the mini dome and the Tokina 10-17mm you could also buy the extension ring and zoom gear and use the Kenko 1.4x TC and do some CFWA work.

     

    BTW I am selling a brand new Aquatica mini dome in the classified section if your interested.

     

    Regarding Viewfinders. If you shooting alot of wide angle and/or large subjects the 180 degree viewfinder (like Aquatica Aquaview, Nauticam 180 with Aquatica adapter) is more suited. The 45 degree viewfinders are more suited for macro as you can place the camera lower to get the shot. Viewfinders are expensive but its one of those things that after you use one you ask yourself why didnt I get one sooner. Especially for Macro.

     

    For next year I like the AFD 60mm Macro lens. It not as fast as the AF-s but its still fast and cheaper too. It also can handle teleconverters also. If you need the extra reach for your macro stuff then the 105mm is the choice but its an more expensive lens over the 60mm's. A good focusing light helps alot with macro and there a few out there. I recently bought a I-torch video pro and its a nice light for the money.

     

    Regards Mark

  4. you still need arm and clam ( 5" + 8" ) will be perfect for WA. i'm not sure aquatica mini dome need any extension use with 10-17mm FE lens or not....

     

    I completely forgot the adapter for aquatica, ufff.

    I already have the ULCS arms but with the ikelite adapter.

  5. The Ad7000 doesnt need a port extension for the Tokina 10-17mm and 100mm Mini dome Combination. If your going to go with the mini dome and the Tokina 10-17mm you could also buy the extension ring and zoom gear and use the Kenko 1.4x TC and do some CFWA work.

     

    BTW I am selling a brand new Aquatica mini dome in the classified section if your interested.

     

    Regarding Viewfinders. If you shooting alot of wide angle and/or large subjects the 180 degree viewfinder (like Aquatica Aquaview, Nauticam 180 with Aquatica adapter) is more suited. The 45 degree viewfinders are more suited for macro as you can place the camera lower to get the shot. Viewfinders are expensive but its one of those things that after you use one you ask yourself why didnt I get one sooner. Especially for Macro.

     

    For next year I like the AFD 60mm Macro lens. It not as fast as the AF-s but its still fast and cheaper too. It also can handle teleconverters also. If you need the extra reach for your macro stuff then the 105mm is the choice but its an more expensive lens over the 60mm's. A good focusing light helps alot with macro and there a few out there. I recently bought a I-torch video pro and its a nice light for the money.

     

    Regards Mark

     

    Good point about the extension ring.

    About the view finder, I already have problems with my P&S because most of the time I'm horizontal and I need to point the camera up while taking wide angle shots.

    I think that the 45º will be better for me, but I will have some months to play with the housing before buying the viewfinder and maybe I change my mind and buy the 180º.

Ultralight Control Systems

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.