Hi folks,
I've been reading in some other threads that some don't like the Tokina 10-17 for video so I thought I'd test my old 10-22. I got in the pool today with the recommended 40mm extension and the NX fisheye dome attached to my 7d Nauticam housing. Center of the frame sharpness was OK but the corners went away pretty badly. I was shooting at 5.6 and now I'm thinking I should have been up around f/11. Does anyone know the sweet spot for that lens?
I've got the Tokina 10-17mm, the Canon 17-40mm L and the 10-22 I can use. For shooting stills I'm clear that the 10-17 is my prefered choice. I'm wondering which lens you would recommend for video. I have the sequence in my head with a school of Hammers sweeping into frame and I'm wondering if a rectilinear, even with crappy corners, would be the better choice. The other option I'm thinking about is rolling to 15 or so on the 10-17.
Two weeks before I leave so I'd appreciate your help and thoughts.
Cheers,
Steve



