Skip to content

Critter Identification / Archived topic

Spotted Spoon-Nose Eel?

Started by scubag ·

  • 2Posts
  • 2Replies

Read-only discussion

Spotted Spoon-Nose Eel?

2 posts
  1. I shot this in 20' of water on St Croix USVI. At first I thought it was some kind of giant deformed lizard fish, but the more I looked, I thought it could be some kind of eel. The closest I could find in my fish book is a "Spotted Spoon-Nose Eel" echiophis intertincus but I am not sure. The head is about 6" wide. Any help would be appreciated.

     

    Doug

  2. It's a common snake/sand eel.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.