Skip to content

Photography Gear and Technique / Archived topic

Which lens? Sigma 10-20 or Tokina 12-24

Started by ruseyrek ·

  • 2Posts
  • 2Replies

Read-only discussion

Which lens? Sigma 10-20 or Tokina 12-24

2 posts
  1. Hi,

     

    I need help deciding which lens to get for my Ike - D300 set-up.

    I already have the Tokina 10-17 and also the Sigma 10-20 but don't really like the Sigma topside.

    I was wondering if I replaced the Sigma 10-20 with a Tokina 12-24 maybe I can use it both underwater and topside.

     

    any suggestions will be appreciated

     

    thanks

  2. Hi,

     

    I need help deciding which lens to get for my Ike - D300 set-up.

    I already have the Tokina 10-17 and also the Sigma 10-20 but don't really like the Sigma topside.

    I was wondering if I replaced the Sigma 10-20 with a Tokina 12-24 maybe I can use it both underwater and topside.

     

    any suggestions will be appreciated

     

    thanks

    I have been using the Sigma 10-20 underwater and above for 5 years in an Ike housing. You will not gain much but going only a few millimeters longer except having a lighter wallet. The image quality of the 10-20 is excellent. The one drawback is if you are shooting into the sun you can get a lot of reflection of the grooves in the front facing part of the lens between the glass and the filter threads. You will want to put either some black felt or flat black construction paper over this to avoid the reflections. IMHO you have the worlds best wide angle zoom already with the 10-17.

Ultralight Control Systems

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.